Today, thousands of children will become slaves. Taken to work in brothels, sweatshops, as domestic workers. One every 30 seconds. Do you care about this? As in really care? If you do, then read on.
At Justice and Care we are committed to doing whatever it takes to fight human trafficking. We work internationally with Governments to rescue victims and help them rebuild their lives, bring traffickers to justice and tackle the problem at national and international scale. We specialise in targeting whole criminal networks.
We have a strong track record of impact. In recent years we have:
- Rescued more than 4500 women and children
- Supported over 1700 victims in our aftercare programmes, with many returning home
- Handled some 340 prosecution cases
- Helped the police arrest more than 900 perpetrators
- Trained more than 28,400 police, judges and front line professionals
- Helped to formulate legislation to protect the rights of children
To enable our work to not only be maintained but also expand, we are in the process of building a new fundraising team. We are seeking to recruit the very best people to help us fulfil our ambitious plans.
Overview of the role...
We're looking for a brilliant Fundraiser for the Netherlands - a bit of an all rounder helping us to maintain and develop current supporter relationships, create new ones and put together inspiring trust and grant applications that secure critical income. If successful you'll be:
- People orientated - you'll be a natural conversationist, able to strike up a conversation with anyone; engaging, interesting and interested.
- Passionate - we're looking for people who are passionate about the issue of modern day slavery.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves - there's lots to be done and you won't be afraid of hard work. A team player, committed to making things work and helping get everything in place to do so.
- An outstanding communicator - you'll be able to tell a good story, describe our work - whether in 20 seconds or 20 minutes and be able to write the most brilliant and compelling emails.
- Happy to make an ask - the sort of person who's not afraid to encourage people to be generous with their money, time and connections.
- Someone who takes the initiative - we're looking for a self-starter, go getter, ambitious type. You'll propose solutions, not focus on the problems.
- A great networker - you'll already have people you can call, ready to step in to help!
- Have an eye for the detail - whether it's about making sure the grammar is right, the seating plan is sorted or the sums add up, you'll have an high attention to detail.
Purpose of team: The Global Fundraising team, which we're in the process of developing and expanding, exists to raise financial support and awareness for the work of Justice and Care.
Purpose of role: This is a critical role in our fundraising team, helping to maximise funding opportunities in the Netherlands for Justice and Care. We have a growing number of committed donors in the Netherlands, but we know that the opportunity is far greater - we're looking for the person who can grow the tens of thousands we receive every year into hundreds of thousands. That will mean connecting and looking after current donors but critically, helping us to take our message to new networks and helping to secure funds from trusts and foundations.
Position in organisation: As we establish a new fundraising team, you'll report into the Director of Global Fundraising and Corporate Communication based in the UK, but will work closely with colleagues across our various offices - including having a dotted reporting line into our Director Netherlands.
Scope of job: We want to be outstanding in the way we develop our relationship with donors and the way the team supports the wider organisation. You will do this through:
- Managing the relationship with our current supporter base in the Netherlands
- Building new relationships
- Building new networks and working your own networks to build support for our work
- Helping to compile great funding proposals
- Responding to supporter enquiries
- Putting in place systems and processes that support and develop our fundraising efforts
- Maintaining our database
- Organise events
- Oversee income forecasting and reporting from the Netherlands
- Helping to manage bespoke supporter communications within the Netherlands
- Compiling update reports to supporters, showing how their funding has made an impact
For more details and a person specification, please see the full job description on our website: https://justiceandcare.org/en/careers/fundraiser-the-netherlands/
- Starting Date - flexible, ideally we'd like you to start in September 2017
- It's a full time position
- A contract for the initial duration of one year
- Salary between 2600 and 3500 gross per month excluding 8% holiday allowance, based on relevant professional experience
- Location - Utrecht, Netherlands
- A contract for the initial duration of one year
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please send your covering letter and curriculum vitae by 31st August 2017, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.