War Child believes no child should be part of war. Ever.
Children have the right to grow up in peace, free from fear and violence. To develop their full potential and become the person they want to be. War Child makes a lasting impact. By protecting children from violence and offering psychosocial support and education. We unleash the children’s inner strength with our creative and involving approach. And inspire as many people as we can to participate in our cause. War Child is both implementing its own programmes and cooperating with a variety of partner organisations in 14 countries around the world. www.warchildholland.org
Currently we are looking for a:
Account Manager Foundation Partnerships
‘Result oriented, service minded with experience in fundraising with foundations’
As the Account Manager Foundation Partnerships you will be responsible for a number of accounts within the foundation portfolio of War Child. You will provide support to the Senior Account Manager Foundation Partnerships in generating income from international and/or national (Dutch) foundations. You will initiate, manage, build relationships, execute, evaluate and coordinate fundraising activities with national and/or international foundations. Specific fundraising targets, numeric and content based, are set annually.
- At least 3 years of experience in the area of (institutional) fundraising within the Netherlands or International (account management and acquisition, proposal development is a plus);
- Good knowledge regarding current development and trends in the (international) aid/humanitarian sector;
- Excellent writing skills in English and Dutch. French, Arabic and/or Spanish are a plus;
- Excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail;
- Customer orientated, enthusiastic and creative;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to deal effectively with various cultural and war affected contexts;
- Result-oriented and determined;
- Academic degree in development/international cooperation, social sciences or related field;
- Willing and able to travel to conflict affected countries;
Available at short notice for 40 hours per week.
War Child is a young and dynamic organisation. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 26th of July 2017. Make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter by using following hyperlink:
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.