Principal Gifts Lead
Principal Gifts Lead
- Geplaatst op
- Principal Gifts Lead
- Make-A-Wish International
- €45.000 - €50.000 per jaar (o.b.v. 38u)
About Make-A-Wish® International
Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We seek to bring every eligible child's wish to life because a wish is an integral part of a child's treatment journey. Research shows children who have wishes granted can build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight their illness. Make-A-Wish is the world’s leading children’s wish-granting organization, serving children in more than 50 countries worldwide. Together, generous donors, supporters, staff and more than 45,000 volunteers grant a wish every 17 minutes, on average, somewhere in the world. Since 1980, Make-A-Wish has granted nearly 480,000 wishes to children; more than 30,000 in 2018 alone. For more information about Make-A-Wish International, visitwww.worldwish.org.
This is an opportunity for a talented and experienced major gifts fundraiser to join our organisation at the start of our journey in the area of major gift fundraising. With a renewed Global Fundraising Strategy, we are looking to diversify our focus in new fundraising areas. With some recent interest and success with Ultra High Net Worth Individuals (UHNWI), wanting to support our mission, we are looking for a Principal Gifts Lead to develop a full plan, work with our affiliates around the world and solicit gifts (500,000k+) from within our Wealthy Individuals and some Trust and Foundation Fundraising portfolio. You will work with the Vice President Fundraising and Marketing to deliver ambitious strategies for the organisation.
Reporting to the VP of Fundraising and Marketing you are a vital part of the team in ensuring fundraising success. Your remit will be global in scope, collaborating with affiliates you will have a few specific markets to focus on. As a small central team, we will all share the objectives of securing new Principal Gifts, but you will set a framework for engagement and cultivation. It is a very exciting time to join our team and take ownership of our strategy and build a giving portfolio from scratch.
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Secure principal gifts from Philanthropists and Trust & Foundations
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools
- Develop and lead global prospect pipeline opportunity for Principal Gifts
- Develop existing portfolio of donors and build up pipeline of new prospects by:
- Further engagement of identified Principal Givers
- Work with Head of Digital Fundraising and Marketing to qualify new potential Principal Givers
- Connect with Affiliates to identify new potential Principal Givers from their existing databases
- Target will be finalised with Vice President Fundraising & Marketing, (working on central office leads and working with international affiliates on global targets) initially we propose the following target for the first year, but we would qualify our database together to finalise:
- $500,000 for first year
- Co creating, and delivering this part of Global Strategy working with the Vice President Fundraising and Marketing to align efforts and set goals with affiliate network
- Take the lead on a network working group to facilitate learning
- Develop affiliate skills in this space (US, UK, Canada, Australia)
- Create a shareable network wide pipeline
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
- Acknowledge Principal Givers through public and private recognition
- Track and report progress using specific metrics
- Support wider team in developing mid-level donor strategy and program
- Travel on occasion to meet our supporters face to face.
On 1 July 2019, the operational office of Make-A-Wish International moved to the Mediapark in Hilversum approximately 25 minutes from central Amsterdam and Utrecht.
As an umbrella organizational unit, we're responsible for supporting all Make-A-Wish organizations outside the U.S.
From our office in the Netherlands, you work with up to 15 colleagues, as well as international colleagues based in other countries. Our working language is English, and meetings often take place digitally.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in similar High Value Giving Fundraising role
- Proven experience in successful fundraising wins
- You are a true people person with an outgoing nature. You’re a self-starter and are driven by results.
- Confident in writing creative and targeted fundraising bids
- You are comfortable using a donor database, prospect research and other wealth screening tools to aid in your moves management process
- You are organised, prepared, detail-oriented and follow through on promises
- You can bring people in line with a vision and motivate them to reach goals
- A ‘self-starter’ attitude who can proactively work alone or as part of a team
- Sophisticated communication skills and gravitas to build relationships
- Previous CRM experience (Make-A-Wish uses SalesForce).
What We Offer
At Make-A-Wish, you work from the heart to make a fantastic initiative possible: giving children facing a critical condition a unique experience that will transform their lives forever. A 38-hour working week is preferable. As soon as you join us as our new Principal Gifts Lead, you can expect (on a full-time basis):
- Startup mentality with flexible working;
- For candidates relocating advantageous government tax breaks
- A pension plan with Zwitserleven;
- At least 25 days of paid leave annually;
- A contribution towards your health insurance policy.
- Flight for candidate to Netherlands;
- Support in accessing the tax exemption with the Dutch government.
How to Apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post, and your suitability for this role, along with your CV/resume (no photos) in English in strict confidence BY EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “MAWI – Principal Gifts Lead” in the email subject line and please state how you found out about the job announcement. Please note we will only accept your application if it is written in English.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 15th December 2019, 18:00