Lid worden van Vf? Meld je nu aan
Team Leader Financial Administration (reposted)
Team Leader Financial Administration (reposted)
- Geplaatst op
- Team Leader Financial Administration (reposted)
- War Child
- •Salary range from €3263 to €4221 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
‘strong financial professional to ensure solid financial administration and reporting and to lead the team in their growth and development’
At War Child Holland (WCH) we work to improve the resilience and wellbeing of children living with violence and armed conflict. To ensure that the funds we receive from our individual and institutional donors are spent effectively and efficiently, leading to an optimal and lasting impact and benefitting these children’s lives, WCH needs a thorough and accurate financial administration system and as Team Leader Financial Administration at War Child Holland (WCH) this is what you work for – better future for children affected by war.
As Team Leader Financial Administration you are responsible for the accurate and timely global administration of financial transactions, to ensure bookkeeping of WCH is correct, complete and timely. Additionally, you are in charge of War Child’s global financial administration and providing accurate financial information to all internal and external stakeholders.
As Team Leader Financial Administration you supervise hierarchically the team of financial officers and supervise functionally the financial colleagues who work in our programme Country offices. You report to the Head of Finance Department, in our office in Amsterdam, where this position is based.
- Set up and maintain the financial administrative organisation and system, ensuring accurate financial administration of Amsterdam office and the global financial administration of WCH
- You are an expert on the global bookkeeping, administrative processes and system, able to answer questions from stakeholders in own team and abroad.
- Support in development of financial system and processes to sustain quality and growth of WCH
- Manage employees by monitoring the quality, efficiency and quantity of the performance of work and guide, instruct and motivate staff.
- Maintain external contact as responsible person with for example auditors or bank.
- Bachelor or HBO level in Finance Management, Accounting or related field
- Min. of 5 years working experience in financial administration role, preferably in international settings and iNGOs.
- Good understanding of accounting (preferably, within iNGO), Dutch fiscal and banking regulations
- Experience with managing a team supported by strong intercultural communication and team player skills
- Experience in maintaining contact with banks, auditors, etc
- Ample knowledge of processing data in the administrative systems and financial ERP system (preferably UNIT4)
- Knowledge of foreign currency accounting and payment issues
- Microsoft Excel has no secrets for you
- Full proficiency (verbal and written) in English and preferably Dutch
- Fully support War Child’s mandate and mission
- Available for at least 32 hours per week.
- EU citizen or eligible to work in the Netherlands.
- Salary range from €3263 to €4221 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional free days
- A contributory pension scheme
- Laptop to work from any location and mobile phone contribution of €25 per month
- Possibility to follow (online) training and/or courses
- Pleasant working conditions, good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office and in our remote work, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring work environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 2 January 2021. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and cover letter by using the following hyperlink:
Please mention where you found this vacancy. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Moreover, the accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, such as humanitarian values and principles, Sphere Humanitarian Charter, Standards in the Humanitarian Standards Partnership, Core Humanitarian Standard, International Humanitarian Law, Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and IASC Six Core Principles Relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
• Only applications received via our website are processed.
• If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
• It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.