Lid worden van Vf? Meld je nu aan
Head of Individual Giving
Head of Individual Giving
- Geplaatst op
- Head of Individual Giving
- St. John of God Foundation
- Amsterdam / Dublin
- €60.000 - €65.000 per jaar, o.b.v. ervaring
Saint John of God Foundation is part of a global group that delivers healthcare in over 40 countries in Africa, Europe, North America, South America, and Australia. The Foundation is responsible for raising funds for healthcare work in Ireland, Malawi and eight countries in West Africa though raising money in Ireland, UK, and the Netherlands. The Foundation raises over €8m per year mainly from over 45,000 regular monthly donors. The Foundation is now seeking to expand its fundraising income with the following key objectives:
- Increase the base of regular giving.
- Increase the level of cash/ appeal giving.
- Maximise the return form tax efficient giving programmes.
- Increase the proportion of regular and appeal income delivered on-line.
The successful candidate will be responsible for an investment budget of €0.75m.
Purpose of Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Strategic development, budgeting and annual forecasting of all donor recruitment, retention and donor development, including making investment cases for long term growth in Ireland, Northern Ireland and The Netherlands.
- Overviewing of the individual fundraising programme, developing fundraising strategies and managing a range of activities across the whole supporter journey.
- Taking lead responsibility for the day to day running of the Individual Giving programme including line management of fundraising staff.
- Advising on the Individual Giving programme of our sister charity in The Netherlands, Hospitaal Broeders.
1. To have an overview of the entire Individual Giving programme; developing fundraising strategies and managing a range of activities across the whole supporter journey. (50% of time)
- Lead responsibility for planning and co-ordinating all aspects of integrated marketing campaigns, across a range of channels such as D2D, Direct Marketing, Telemarketing and DRTV.
- To be responsible for operational plans for the development of individual supporters ensuring seamless transition from initial recruitment through to on-going tailored communications and retention programmes.
- To be responsible for developing an effective integrated communications programme for cash donors and regular givers, and to be responsible for data segmentation strategies and tailoring communications according to donor profiles.
- To develop and implement donor recruitment strategies including DRTV & D2D in order to achieve strategic goals laid out as part of the organisational strategic plan.
- To be aware of trends affecting the charity marketplace for donor recruitment activity and direct marketing in general, identifying changes, predicting future trends and implications, and making recommendations as necessary.
2. To lead in the budgeting and annual forecasting of the programme, including making investment cases for long term growth (20% of time)
- Play a key role in the annual budgeting process.
- Manage the forecasting and reporting on a monthly basis.
- Co-ordinate analysis of campaigns and constant development of present and future campaigns as a result of learnings.
- Ensure strong supporter engagement via the development of excellent donor operations and management of call centres.
3. To take lead responsibility for the line management of the Fundraising Team (15% of time)
- Manage and develop the team through the annual appraisal process and regular one-to-one meetings. Be a positive role model, motivate and facilitate personal and professional growth and progression where possible.
4. Other duties where necessary (15% of time)
- Advise on the optimisation programme of the Dutch IG Programme. The Dutch charity has its own management and staff responsible for fundraising development and delivery.
- Play an active role on the Saint John of God Foundation management team.
- Negotiate with, manage and motivate key agencies and suppliers within their specific area of expertise.
The principal accountabilities are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Significant experience in Direct Marketing including proven experience in devising and implementing successful integrated direct marketing income driven campaigns to mass market audiences using current best practice.
- Proven track record in generating significant fundraising income.
- Effective financial management, control, and prioritisation of budgets, including annual planning, reforecasting and presenting investment cases.
- Practical knowledge of working with Salesforce or a similar CRM and MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Competency on all social media channels.
- Experience of devising and implementing segmentation, targeting and prompt strategies.
- Experience of managing creative, print and media agencies with practice in negotiating strong commercial agreements.
- Demonstrable experience of leading, managing, motivating and inspiring a team.
- Experience of appraising new ideas and proposals and testing (or not) as appropriate.
- Experience of working for a not-for-profit organisation would be desirable.
Skills (Special Training or Competences)
- Strong analytical ability.
- Positive, results driven individual.
- Proven strategy development, project management and planning skills.
- Robust, confident, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Creative and innovative thinker motivated by pushing the boundaries.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Change & Improvement.
- Delivery and Implementation.
- Communicating & Influencing.
- Planning & Organising.
- Team Working.
- Decision Making.
- Management team.
- IG Team.
- Manager – Netherlands.
- Representative agencies
- All fundraising agencies – Telemarketing, print etc
To apply for the post
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: Karem Armstrong to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that they are sent with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “St John of God- Head of IG” in the email subject line.
The deadline for application is Sunday April 25th, 2021
Daryl Upsall International actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. In recruiting candidates, we seek candidates with the proven skills required, irrespective of race, gender, religion or belief, age, disability, or sexual orientation.