Lid worden van Vf? Meld je nu aan
Fundraising and Communications Executive Netherlands
Fundraising and Communications Executive Netherlands
- Geplaatst op
- Fundraising and Communications Executive Netherlands
- Street Child Nederland
Street Child Nederland are searching for a Fundraising and Communications Executive to support the growth of the Street Child brand in the Netherlands. Street Child Nederland is a member of the 13-year-old Street Child group of global charities –which has helped over 700,000 children to go to school and learn and supported over 42,000 caregivers to set up businesses, so they can afford the cost of educating their children. We pride ourselves on being willing to go to the world’s toughest places where others won’t, in over 20 of the poorest and most disaster-affected countries, with support from Governments, UN agencies, major corporates, public and philanthropists. Street Child focuses on high-quality, locally-led, sustainable measures to improve access to education, child protection, and family livelihoods.
Street Child Nederland, one of 8 European members of the Street Child group, aim to contribute to the development of Street Child’s global fundraising network. This role sits right at the heart of our fundraising and communications efforts and will play a vital role in achieving this ambition, focusing primarily on generating new donations for Street Child’s global projects from Dutch fundraising channels. As such, you will directly support the Dutch fundraising team and work in close collaboration with our European fundraising team, located at our hubs in Barcelona and London. The Fundraising and Communications Executive will also work closely with the European and global MMC (Marketing, Media, and Communications) teams to develop and implement engaging communication campaigns for Street Child Nederland with the aim of strengthening relationships with our key supporters, increasing our brand awareness in the country, and reaching new audiences. The position is designed to be based in the Amsterdam or the Randstad area. Occasional travel to our offices in Barcelona and London will be part of the role. Street Child is an unusually dynamic and fast-changing NGO environment – we absolutely need someone who embraces this culture and opportunity.
Your most important responsibilities
- Implement and provide support to all Dutch fundraising channels with a strong focus on corporate, major donor and foundations, but also events, challenges, or recurring donations.
- Support the research, writing, and submission of grant and partnership proposals in line with donor or company requirements.
- Support the Country Manager in managing relationships with and meeting reporting requirements of our key corporate partners, foundations, and major donors in close collaboration with our local project partners and the global Programmes team.
- Manage and develop relationships with entry to mid-level supporters including small/medium corporates, foundations, and individual donors
- Actively lead and provide support to projects at times when new opportunities are presented.
- Contribute to our main internal processes such as record keeping, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, and other topics.
- Lead the development and implementation of the European marketing and communications strategy in the Netherlands in close collaboration with the European and global MMC teams.
- Support the Dutch Fundraising team with all communication resource needs, including but not limited to: partnership and grant proposals, engaging supporter communication, event promotion, appeal content, identifying communication opportunities, etc.
- Be responsible for our website, social media channels, and e-newsletters, ensuring these are up-to-date with relevant and engaging content to deepen supporter relationships and reach new audiences.
- Support the European MMC team and leverage opportunities to scale communication opportunities on a European or global level
- Passionate identification with the values and goals of Street Child and an interest in child education and/or international development.
- Completed university degree in a relevant field or a comparable qualification with relevant experience.
- Prior successful experience in fundraising or a communications role.
- In the ideal case, experience in corporate, foundations or individual fundraising, relationship management, achieving income generation targets, producing clear communications products like newsletters, social media, web updates or videos.
- Dutch language skills at native level, excellent written and spoken communication in Dutch and English to inspire and convince the audience of your project proposals.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter, who relishes working with a high degree of autonomy, a high sense of responsibility and team spirit in an intercultural environment.
- Structured and analytical way of thinking.
- Strong ability to use and navigate Microsoft and Adobe software packages.
- Willingness to travel from time to time.
- A demanding and meaningful job with broad responsibility and great creative freedom in a young and ambitious team.
- Opportunity to experience the organization through a new phase of growth, and a chance to directly shape the future of our organization in the Netherlands.
- Workplace in a truly international environment characterized by great commitment and high team spirit.
- Flexible working hours and option for remote working.
- Full-time employment, though we are willing to discuss other arrangements.
Street Child’s commitment to Safeguarding
Street Child is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the communities we serve, our partners, our volunteers, and our staff.
As part of this commitment to safeguarding, all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate background checks, including a Criminal Records check. Street Child also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
Street Child values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or gender identity, or age.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and so interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.