Acting Programme Officer Women's Funds
Acting Programme Officer Women's Funds
- Geplaatst op
- Acting Programme Officer Women's Funds
- Mama Cash
- Master's degree
- 32 uur p/w
- €2.793 - €4.118 (o.b.v. 36u)
Mama Cash is the first international women’s fund in the world. Today, we provide grants and support to pioneering women’s, girls’, trans people’s and intersex people’s rights initiatives around the globe that challenge the root causes of injustice. Activists and donors join with Mama Cash to advance gender equality and respect for the human rights of all people.
The Programme Officer for Women’s Funds carries out the grantmaking policy within a flagship programme area at Mama Cash. The Programme Officer for Women’s Funds reviews, manages, and prioritises requests from women’s funds seeking funding from Mama Cash. Demonstrated bilingual fluency in oral and written English and Dutch is required, and fluency in Spanish or French is preferred.
To lead the grantmaking work within the women’s funds programme which includes improvement of grant making policies, priorities and strategies as well maintaining a strong understanding of the role of women’s funds in advancing women’s, girls’, trans people’s and intersex people’s rights. Jointly with the Senior Programme Officer, develop and execute annual plans including budget allocation, partnerships, and knowledge generation with the women’s funds as part of the implementation of the women’s fund strategy. The ideal candidate will also be able to manage and lead Mama Cash’s Spark portfolio and be familiar with feminist activism in the Netherlands. We look for expertise in a broad range of issues related to gender and economic justice, knowledge of social movements in the global south and east, and be a highly competent project manager ideally with grantmaking experience. This position is preferably based in Amsterdam.
- Measure/monitor progress towards fulfilling the annual plan;
- Contribute to the determination of the total Women’s Funds strategy budget allocation and manage the budget allocation for grantmaking within the strategy;
- Review and process incoming grant applications from women’s funds;
- Correspond with appropriate organisations and funds to gather further information about and maintain contact with women’s funds
- Manage all follow up (payments, contracts, final reports) with women’s funds that have received grants;
- Accompany partner women’s funds, including strategising with them on building their skills and knowledge, connecting women’s funds with each other, helping women’s funds to build cross-movement bridges, introducing women’s funds to new donors, and fostering communities of shared learning among women’s funds;
- Review and analyse final reports from women’s funds to highlight achievements and lessons learned;
- Oversee maintenance of all administrative and programmatic files for the strategy;
- Manage and monitor the database for all steps of the grantmaking process for women’s funds;
- Prepare regular reports and analyses of grantmaking activities within the strategy;
- Contribute to the development of improved learning, monitoring and evaluation for the strategy;
- Lead and/or contribute to grantmaking related projects to strengthen team policies and practices.
- Maintain contact with all Spark portfolio grantees
- Manage all follow up administrative and programmatic needs for the Spark portfolio
- Staff and accompany the Spark Steering Committee
Outreach and Communications
- Keep abreast of major trends in the funding community, assessing and creating opportunities to profile the work of women’s funds, in coordination with the Research, Knowledge and Advocacy Team;
- Coordinate linking opportunities between women’s funds and other actors, including other women’s funds and donors;
- Build and maintain relationships with other individual and institutional donors as necessary;
- Represent Mama Cash externally as necessary;
- Assist the Philanthropic Partnerships and Communications team in preparing funding proposals, donor reports and communications materials;
- Collaborate with the Grants Administration team to establish and administer the Women’s Funds grantmaking budget;
- Join relevant membership organisations;
- Contribute to cross-team communication within Mama Cash;
Management and Supervision
- Provide feedback to the Senior Programme Officer and Director of Programmes in terms of advice about staffing, volunteers and procedural issues as needed;
- Manage some fiscal responsibilities.
- Strong interest in the fields of feminism, women’s human rights, women’s philanthropy, and a commitment to the mission and vision of Mama Cash;
- In-depth knowledge of women’s human rights, women’s rights movements and the contexts, networks and work of women’s funds;
- Understanding of life stages of social justice organisations, and experience in building organisational capacities (including in the areas of board and governance, leadership and staffing, fundraising from individuals and institutions, infrastructure systems, and marketing and communications);
- Strong communications skills including strong writing, negotiation and presentation skills and the ability to perform analytical and researched work and communicate findings to a range of audiences;
- Demonstrated bilingual fluency in oral and written English and Dutch is required;
- Sensitivity and appreciation for diverse viewpoints and different communication styles in a politically and culturally diverse environment;
- Well-developed leadership and people skills, with a demonstrated ability to support and encourage team members;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and show creativity in solving problems;
- Strong skills in PC environment, and in using MS Office; familiarity with database programmes;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years substantive professional experience in international women’s rights issues preferred;
- A Masters degree in the social sciences or equivalent activist and/or professional experience (such as in women’s rights, environmental justice, economic justice) strongly preferred;
- Previous experience in the global south and east preferred;
- Substantive knowledge of and familiarity with grantmaking processes and procedures preferred;
- Substantive knowledge of and familiarity with networks and NGOs in the field of philanthropy preferred.
- We offer an engaging and professional work environment in an international foundation committed to diversity, solidarity, peace and justice.
- The monthly salary for this position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn scale 9, (min.) € 2.793, (max.) € 4.118, 8% vacation, 13th month, and pension plan.
- Our office is centrally located in Amsterdam.
Informeren en solliciteren
\Are you interested in the position? Both a letter of motivation and CV (resume) need to be submitted in English and stating the job description, through the application form on our website only!
Deadline for application: 7 June, 2020.
The job is preferably located in Amsterdam.
We value the expertise and knowledge of those who have directly experienced injustice and are working to create the change Mama Cash believes in. We particularly welcome applications from those targeted by racism, homophobia, transphobia, classism and disablism. For more information please contact Sandra Macías del Villar, Senior Programme Officer for Women’s Funds email@example.com.