Head of Operations
Head of Operations
- Geplaatst op
- Head of Operations
- BBRA schaal 14
To help us continue to grow, we are seeking an experienced Head of Operations to join the highly skilled team at our network secretariat in Utrecht, the Netherlands. The ideal candidate will have proven senior management experience. Your organizational, communication, and leadership skills are second to none. You will work closely with the Executive Director to develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of professionalism, productivity and success at Solidaridad.
Objectives of the role
- Design key operational processes to ensure the Secretariat responds innovatively and effectively to the needs of our network in line with changing demands and priorities.
- Help increase the quality of Solidaridad work through effective and efficient fund allocation
- Develop and oversee data-driven global operations.
- Support the Executive Director with internal and external reporting on matters of operational strategy.
- Ensure effective management of key funding lines in over 40 countries.
- Devise and drive strategic goals to ensure qualitative implementation of our programmes, identifying process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs.
- As head of the operations team, develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational information systems and processes.
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring internal and legislative regulations are followed.
- Have lead responsibility for HR, including internal learning and knowledge management.
- Define and develop Solidaridad’s trusting global culture.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven leadership qualities and ability to lead operations in a global organization with commitment to data-driven results and evidence-based impact.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic operational planning and related change management.
- Pro-active and entrepreneurial in signalling operational issues and translating them into strategy.
- Understanding of organizational functions such as PMEL, HR, personal development, information systems, integrated CRM-software, and communications.
- Deep knowledge of development programme funding and cycle management.
- Proven understanding of realities in field programmes.
- Sound judgement and ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex and changing environment, and linking those priorities to result-based performance indicators.
- Data savvy, analytical, and always on the look-out for innovative and technology-based solutions and partnerships.
- Willing and able to travel frequently.
- Fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of other languages is highly desirable.
- Candidate should be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
In return we offer a highly professional, culturally diverse and informal working environment. Salary and secondary terms and conditions are in accordance with the market conditions for NGOs.
Please find the full vacancy text here.
To apply, please send your motivation letter and CV including references to email@example.com, mentioning ‘Head of Operations’ in the subject line. The deadline is 1 May, 2019.
A professional assessment may be part of the selection procedure. No agencies please.